Focus School – Hindhead Campus
Tilford Road, Hindhead, GU26 6SJ
Full time and part-time available
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Last updated 09.11.2018
Focus Hindhead Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified Teacher across a number of subjects who can continue to inspire and enthuse our passionate students to fulfil their potential. You may also have the opportunity to teach in other subject areas and across Key Stages, should you wish to explore these opportunities.
The village of Hindhead is situated in the heart of the Surrey countryside within excellent commuting distance to Guildford, Basingstoke, Crawley, Portsmouth, Chichester and surrounding areas. Our school currently hosts 226 students from primary through to secondary education and is currently developing a ground-breaking Learning facility to support our student’s academic journey.
Hindhead is supported by a national body of schools and a central head office based in Warwickshire who are all proud to be a part of a global organisation. Hindhead Campus works “determinedly as a cohesive team to drive forward an ambitious plan for the school based on clear values which are fully understood and supported by the whole community.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Hindhead students are “well-mannered, considerate, enthusiastic learners who play a major role in creating a harmonious school community”, School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
The successful applicant will:
- Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
- Have relevant qualifications or experience
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Modest class sizes
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Excellent teaching facilities
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus Learning Trust regional schools
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
- 100 hours of professional development a year
Follow us on LinkedIn for further information relating to our schools.
“Safeguarding is at the heart of this school” and where “students safety is paramount.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
We welcome and encourage visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit please contact the school on 01428 601800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 28 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.