Focus School – Hindhead Campus
Tilford Road, Hindhead, GU26 6SJ
Science Teacher (Biology and one other Science)
Full time and part-time considered
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Last updated 08.03.2018
Focus Hindhead Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified Science Teacher who can continue to inspire and enthuse our passionate students to fulfil their potential. You will also have the opportunity to teach in other subject areas and across Key Stages, should you wish to explore this opportunities. The potential to contribute to the development of A Level Science may be of professional interest.
The village of Hindhead is situated in the heart of the Surrey countryside within excellent commuting distance to Guildford, Basingstoke, Crawley, Portsmouth, Chichester and surrounding areas. Our school currently hosts 239 students from primary through to secondary education and is currently developing a ground-breaking Learning facility to support our student’s academic journey.
Hindhead is supported by a national body of schools and a central head office based in Warwickshire who are all proud to be a part of a global organisation. Hindhead Campus works “determinedly as a cohesive team to drive forward an ambitious plan for the school based on clear values which are fully understood and supported by the whole community.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Hindhead students are “well-mannered, considerate, enthusiastic learners who play a major role in creating a harmonious school community”, School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
The successful applicant will:
- Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
- Have relevant qualifications or experience
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Modest class sizes
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Excellent Science teaching facilities
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus Learning Trust regional schools
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
- A two-day National Conference where all 26 Campuses come together to meet, learn and collaborate.
- Up to 15 days professional development
Pollow us on LinkedIn for further information relating to our schools.
“Safeguarding is at the heart of this school” and where “students safety is paramount.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
We welcome and encourage visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit please contact the school on 01428 601800 or email: email@example.com for an application pack.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 28 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.