Focus School – Hindhead Campus
Tilford Road, Hindhead, GU26 6SJ
Notice of interest – Music teacher
Full time and part-time considered
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Last updated 12.01.2018
Focus Hindhead Campus are currently consulting with stakeholders on how to enhance our music curriculum and extra-curricular provision. We are looking to hear from interested parties and local music teachers and practitioners.
The village of Hindhead is situated in the heart of the Surrey countryside within excellent commuting distance to Guildford, Basingstoke, Crawley, Portsmouth, Chichester and surrounding areas. Our school currently hosts 239 students from primary through to secondary education and is currently developing a ground-breaking Self-Directed Learning facility to support our student’s academic journey.
Hindhead is supported by a national body of schools and a central head office based in Warwickshire who are all proud to be a part of a global organisation. Hindhead Campus works “determinedly as a cohesive team to drive forward an ambitious plan for the school based on clear values which are fully understood and supported by the whole community.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017).
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Hindhead students are “well-mannered, considerate, enthusiastic learners who play a major role in creating a harmonious school community”, School Inspection Service Report (May 2017).
The successful applicant will:
- Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
- Have relevant qualifications or experience working with young people
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Modest class sizes
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
“Safeguarding is at the heart of this school” and where “students safety is paramount.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)