Focus School – Hindhead Campus
Tilford Road, Hindhead, GU26 6SJ
Learning Support Assistant PT/FT considered
Term-time (Plus an hour, one day a week, after school staff training.)
£15-£18,000 FTE dependent on experience – Term-time pro rota
Last updated 09.11.2018
Focus Hindhead Campus is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified Learning Support Assistant who can continue to inspire and enthuse our passionate students to fulfil their potential.
The village of Hindhead is situated in the heart of the Surrey countryside within excellent commuting distance to Guildford, Basingstoke, Crawley, Portsmouth, Chichester and surrounding areas. Our school currently hosts 239 students from primary through to secondary education and is currently developing a ground-breaking Self-Directed Learning facility to support our student’s academic journey. Hindhead is supported by a national body of schools and a central head office based in Warwickshire who are all proud to be a part of a global organisation. Hindhead Campus works “determinedly as a cohesive team to drive forward an ambitious plan for the school based on clear values which are fully understood and supported by the whole community.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
Focus schools seek to promote excellence in education and enjoy outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Our Hindhead Campus is proud to say that through our students and teachers hard work and dedication we were recently awarded a ‘top performing school in Surrey for GSCE results’ status. Hindhead students are “well-mannered, considerate, enthusiastic learners who play a major role in creating a harmonious school community,” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
The successful applicant will:
- Be highly motivated
- Have English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent (support will be given for excellent candidates)
- Prior classroom or school experience an advantage
- Work with students with special learning education needs as advantage
- Be fully committed to their own personal professional development
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic and respectful students
- Modest class sizes
- Exceptional teaching and professional facilities
- An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
- A strong team of specialist staff
- Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
- New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, via our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme (15 days)
- An attractive salary package
“Safeguarding is at the heart of this school” and where “students safety is paramount.” School Inspection Service Report (May 2017)
We welcome and encourage visits to the school prior to application. For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit please contact the school on 01428 601800. If you would like to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
The post will remain open. We reserve the right to appoint suitable candidates.
Affiliated to Focus Learning Trust which provides direction and support to 28 UK schools. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced with Barred List Disclosure.